Monday, May 12, 2014

Day 14- Prayers are Heard

Prayer answered 1- Shane and I have been a little worried for the past 6 months because the location he works at for his company will be closing down in a year or two. We've prayed about it and have been seeking guidance in what to do. It has been a stressful process for Shane having to go through applications and resumes again. However, our prayers were answered today with an acceptance for a new job with American Express that includes a pay raise and a short commute.

What does this mean? It means that Shane can now focus on studying for his CPA exams and that for baby #2 I'll be able to comfortably switch to part time or be a stay at home mom!

Prayer answered 2- My wonderful best friend has been wanting to go through the temple and I was able to be there with her and two of our other good friends last Saturday. She is such a great friend and example to me. She is like a sister to me! I know how much it meant to her to be there at the temple. The temple is such a blessing in my life and I KNOW she had something to do with getting me there when I went myself. I was meant to live with these girls in college. They provided me with strength and support that I needed to overcome trials and to increase my testimony.

Prayer answered 3- Ever since before I was pregnant, I knew I wanted to set a good example for Taylor and for her to know Heavenly Father and our Savior because she knew me. Tonight during our prayer together, she started scrambling and groaning to get off my laugh. In my prayer I prayed that she would be able to be calm and feel loved. As soon as I said that she sat still and folded back her arms. I love that she knows to fold her arms during a prayer and I'd like to think that she is aware that something special is happening when we pray.

Prayer answered 4- Lately I've been praying to be able to have a good day and the energy to get done what I need to. No, Heavenly Father is not making my day good or giving more time in the day. But, my attitude has changed and I feel the Spirit stronger with me as go throughout all the little things that need to get done. Yeah I have a pile of laundry that needs to be put away. Ok... maybe three piles of laundry. I have dishes in the sink. But I'm sitting with my husband while I write this. He's watching a basketball game. Our daughter is tucked into bed. We visited his Aunt and Uncle tonight after we helped to clean the church. We ate dinner together at the table and talked about Taylor's silliness. It was a good day. :)


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Shane on the new job! And I'm so glad things are going well for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, all of your comments just prove how blessed we are to have you as part of our family. Thanks for all you do for Shane and Taylor. Yea for the job.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was really sweet of you to say. Love you too!

      Delete
  3. Rachel! You are so amazing. First of all, congrats to Shane on the new job. I'm glad you guys made the decision. Second, I'm so glad you could be there at the temple! It meant so much to have someone help me out and be there for me. It was such a wonderful day. Seriously, you are totally my adopted sister since I was blessed with all brothers. I hope you're okay with that!

    ReplyDelete