Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Day 4- Listening to my body

I mentioned this before, but I AM SO TIRED!!! I don't know if I need to go to bed earlier or actually wear my contacts like I'm supposed to but I feel like I'm dragging. My eyes are tired and body is tired. The last couple of nights I have been so tired and it's only 8pm. Tonight, I fell asleep on the couch after I put Taylor to bed. Then I woke up at 8:15 and tried to do Fire 45 with what little energy I had. I Probably did about 10 minutes of it yawning the whole way through and decided- Hey! My body is trying to tell me I need to go to sleep.

Yes, I'm getting close to breaking my plateau and I want to work out regularly. But today my body is telling me something. I need to be going to bed earlier in order for my desired scheduled to be successful. In order for me to spend time with Taylor after work instead of working out, then doing dinner, and then playing with her/Shane and getting chores done... and waiting to work out until after she's gone to bed- I have to go to  bed earlier so I'm not wiped out by 8pm like I'm 80 years old. Even though I know an 80 year old wouldn't be able to keep up with Taylor, my point is made.




I am loving reading the Bible. Right now, I'm learning about Sarah. She had such an interesting life. I'm excited to learn more about the women in the Bible and the role they played in the life of the prophets. Speaking of women in the scriptures, when I was in Junior High I had really low self esteem. Well, not just in Junior High, but that was when I really didn't know my worth to Heavenly Father. My friend Shanda told me once that she wouldn't believe any of the bad things that I would say about myself. She said if I could find it in the Bible she'd believe me. Coming from a family who didn't read scriptures, I was confused. She then opened up the Bible to Genesis 29:17 about Rachel being beautiful and well favored. I'll never forget her showing me that. Later on in college, our Relief Society president introduced me to Proverbs chapter 3 about a righteous and virtuous woman being having far more worth than rubies.

I want Taylor to know her worth. I want her to know that she is a daughter of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment