Tuesday, April 8, 2014

DAY 3- Enjoying the sunshine!

It was so nice outside today! It was wonderful! My teaching scheduled got finalized for next year! I'm super excited to teach IBCC, Internship, Accounting, and Marketing! It does give me mixed feelings though, because I can't wait to spend summer with Taylor... but sad that it will end so quickly.

Today was the perfect park weather! When I picked Taylor up from daycare she was so sad to leave. She used to crawl or wobble towards me with excitement. Now, she's upset to leave because she wants to play with the kids. I feel bad that we don't have regular play dates with neighbors. That's something that will definitely have to change for the summer. So I brought her home, started to marinate the chicken for tonight's dinner, and walked with her to one of the near by parks. She loved it! We stayed for about an hour. When it was time to leave to go home and make dinner. Taylor kept scrambling out of the stroller and then crying because she'd get stuck. Finally I strapped that little girly down. I hadn't used those straps since she was just a little baby. 

I made grilled chicken and mango/avocado salsa with a side of asparagus for dinner. Yum! Then after Shane came home from work and ate, we headed to a different park! Taylor loved hanging from the monkey bars and trying to do the climbing wall. She's definitely strong enough, but not quite tall enough. It'l be nice this summer to go to a different park every day. 

We played a little longer together and then said our prayers and she went to bed. Since Taylor has started walking, I've noticed a stronger willed little person. She wants to be independent and be in charge. She is becoming more vocal though which helps us understand her better. It's funny though because she talks A LOT but we can't understand a lot of what she says. I'm starting to think that some of it is in spanish since her daycare teachers are all spanish and speak spanish with the kids. Taylor know several phrases in spanish. I love that!

Cool experience today while reading my scriptures- I was in charge of monitoring a hall by the gym during an assembly today. The assembly was at the other end of the school so there wasn't supposed to be a lot of traffic over where I was. I decided to take a book instead of taking all my grading or laptop over there. Sitting on some steps in the hall, I read my scriptures while I kept an eye out for students wandering. A young man started to hang around the hall and was marking dance moves while he quietly talked to himself. I asked if he was ok and he said he finished his run early for gym. I was then realizing that he was practicing a routine for dance company. He asked what I was reading. I said "Scriptures". He asked which one. I simply told him "The Bible". He said "Cool!" with a big a smile on his face. Then he went on with what he was doing. I first felt almost worried about a student knowing I was reading my scriptures while at school. But, a lot of teachers bring a reading book with them to monitor the halls during an assembly or during a dance. My book was the Old Testament. After the student had a positive reaction to my response I felt good that even if a student had different beliefs that at least in that moment I was saying something about who I am and that what I believe is important to me. 

My goals for today:
Water- check!
In bed at 9- check!
Work out by 8- got distracted by skittles and by Sheldon Cooper. Decided today (instead of tomorrow) will be my rest day.

Taylor's goals for the year:
First tooth- CHECK!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment